The Wisconsin Department of Tourism has released some great information for getting outside, staying safe and being well during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are some great tips for accomplishing getting outside, staying safe and being well.
Get Outside. Stay Safe. Be Well.
Time spent outdoors being physically active keeps your mind and body healthy. Follow these recommendations to keep yourself and others safe.
- Feeling Sick? Please stay home. Have a cough or fever? Call your doctor.
- Physical distance 6 feet from others. Maintain a safe distance from others not in your household. Smile and wave hello, but respect others' space.
- Ride solo or only with other members of your household. Ride solo, but let others know your plans, your route and when you'll be back.
- Avoid congregating. Maintain a safe distance at access points. Allow others to leave before entering a crowded area.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly. Wash for 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer after touching shared surfaces and before you touch your face.
- Pack it out. Leave no trace. Be respectful of nature. Please take your trash with you if receptacles are unavailable or full.
Click "Download File" for the PDF version of the flyer.
Due to a washout on Benson Lake Road, the trail from Goodman Park to the west to the Forest County line is closed. The detour will be; from the power line trail turn west on Homestead Lake Road to County I turn right on I to Camp 5 Road west on Camp 5 rd to Harper lk rd West on Harper Lake Road to Valley Lake Road than north on Valley Lake Road to Benson Lake Road. This detour should only be approximately 2 weeks. These are town roads you will be using this route with vehicles use extreme caution on your ride.
DATE: 13 May 2020
TO: News Media and Other Parties of Interest
FROM: Dale Mayo, Vilas County Parks & Recreation Administrator RE: Vilas ATV trails scheduled to open.
THE VILAS COUNTY ATV TRAIL SYSTEM IS SCHEDULED TO OPEN AT 8:00 A.M. ON FRIDAY 15 MAY FOR THE 2020 SEASON. THERE WILL BE A SEGMENT OF LANDOVER TRAILS IN CONOVER THAT WILL BE TEMPORARLY DETOURED DUE TO HIGH WATER.
As always, please enjoy Vilas County recreational trails responsibly and maintain social distancing.
Vilas County Parks & Recreation Department
The Summer ATV/UTV Trails under the Management of the Douglas County Forestry are open at this time.
Clubs are out on trails performing maintenance. Please use caution when passing our Volunteers.
Please check with neighboring Counties before you ride to make sure that the trails are open.
The new county road routes will not open until May 22nd and they are signed.
For Further information, Pease contact the Douglas County Forestry Department at 715-378-2219
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM excluding Holidays.
This report was prepared on Friday, May 8, 2020
Please Enjoy and Ride Safe
Park and Recreation Supervisor
Douglas County Forestry Department
9182 East Hughes Ave.
Solon Springs, WI. 54873
Phone: (715) 378-2219
Fax: (715) 378-2807