WATVA Family Membership
The Wisconsin ATV Association is driven to preserve, protect, and expand the benefits of this uniquely structured and legislatively authorized Wisconsin registration program that provides our citizens, our businesses, and our out-of-state ATV & UTV guests with a trail riding experience that is one of the premier ATV destination attractions in the entire United States.
Our family membership includes four print copies of our quarterly Trail Tales magazine, as well as access to our digital copies found on our website. You will be mailed a membership card with your subscription.
Your WATVA Membership Does Count!
What are the strengths of our Wisconsin ATV registration program you may be asking? In fact, what is the program and what does my membership in the Wisconsin ATV Association (WATVA) do for me and how does it benefit the ATV sport?
Simply stated the registration program is a combination refund percentage of our state gas tax used to ride off the highways, along with a bi-annual $30 registration fee (per ATV) that provides the financial resources to administer our ATV trail systems. Also provided under the Wisconsin program parameters are the safety and environmental awareness campaigns, as well the amount of law enforcement that keeps our ATV trail systems one of the best in the country.
The Wisconsin ATV Association is driven to preserve, protect, and expand the benefits of this uniquely structured and legislatively authorized Wisconsin registration program that provides our citizens, our businesses, and our out-of-state ATV guests with a trail riding experience that is one of the premier ATV destination attractions in the entire United States.
The following are just some of the recent accomplishments the Wisconsin ATV Association has achieved. Representing the best interests of over 300,000 + ATV owners in this state; WATVA has been directly responsible for the following:
- Saved over $900,000 + from being transferred out of the ATV SEG account, instead working with state lawmakers to restore the dollars back into our ATV account.
- Increased ATV riding opportunities by working directly with state lawmakers and the governor’s office to improve our funding resources. This was the first increase in funding since the inception of the registration program began in 1986!
- Partnered with the Wisconsin Dept. of Tourism to gather and provide solid data that has become our Wisconsin ATV economic impact profile.
- Ongoing support for the formation of numerous new local WATVA chapters throughout the state. These same local WATVA chapters are the backbone for new ATV trail systems and riding opportunities.
- Working closely with the Dept. of Natural Resources and the NOHVIS Group to recruit and train safety instructors and trail patrol ambassadors that have had a dramatic and positive impact on maintaining and adding new miles of trails.
- Implemented a proactive organization business plan that includes a high degree of positive public promotions and legislative/political clout.
- Continue building trusting relationships with land managers and other trail stakeholders that are the decision makers for our sport.
- Undertaking many special projects that further improve the image of ATVing & UTVing